Your Ayurvedic Type: Kapha Dosha
The Characteristics of Kapha Dosha
Your Ayurvedic type is based on a complex blend of qualities. If you are Kapha dominant, you may notice the following characteristics in yourself
To understand your Ayurvedic type or constitution you need to know about the doshas.
What is Your Ayurvedic Type?
The Ayurvedic Doshas are Vata, Pitta and Kapha
All of us are a blend of doshas, with one dosha dominant, and a secondary dosha supporting that.
Very few people are dominated by just one dosha, and even fewer are a balance of all three.
A combination of doshas is used to describe your prakruti. Your Ayurvedic prakruti would be Kapha dominant if you notice most of these qualities in yourself
As an example you may be Kapha dominant with Vata the next strongest influence, and so your prakruti would be Kapha/Vata
The best way to get a proper analysis is by seeing a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner.
However, you can also take an online quiz to get a good idea.
You can learn more about the doshas, prakruti and temperament here.
Or if you need to know more about Ayurveda you can go here
Characteristics of Kapha Dosha – Learn About Your Constitution or Prakruti
If you are Kapha dominant, you may recognize some of the following qualities in yourself
The Characteristics of Kapha Dominant People
- Generally speaking they have strong bodies and enjoy good health.
- Usually calm, cheerful and reliable
- Absorb nutrients easily. Usually have well-built or larger body frame
- Should generally eat less than what they think they want and can skip breakfast.
- Should only eat when hungry, and not just for comfort
- Slow metabolism and so can easily gain weight
- Tend to be cool by nature, but this is counterbalanced by being active
- Usually skin is moist, eyes or teeth can be large
- During cold weather prone to colds, and may show signs of fluid buildup.
- Tend to manifest imbalances with excess weight or through ‘holding on’ – constipation can be an issue, as well as mobility or fluid problems from being too sedentary.
- Should avoid cold, sweet, sugary or processed foods, as well as any kind of excess.
- Do best with small portions of warm food.
- Need to stay active and should be encouraged to get more exercise. Once started, usually great endurance.
- Should avoid spending too much time being sedentary, especially sleeping in the day.
- Do best with therapies that are vigourous and get body to move.
- Strong massage is excellent, especially when the treatment is followed with heat. Steam therapy is ideal.
- Movement is the antidote to any feelings of heaviness, depression lifts with action.
Find the Latest Updates on Astrology, Travel, Health & Wellbeing
Triphala is one of the safest and best researched herbal remedies known to Ayurvedic medicine. It has been used for centuries to balance digestion, remove toxins from the digestive tract and provide your immune system with extra support
What Is A Birth Chart?
The Mechanics of The Chart
Your birth chart (or natal chart) is a map of the heaven’s, relative to the time and place that you were born. This map shows areas of strength and opportunity, as well as weakness and challenge. Your birth chart is a powerful tool which can also show how things are likely to unfold through time, as well as what is happening for you at the moment.
How Does It work?
Let’s have a look at a chart to get a sense of what all the lines and symbols mean.
The wheel running around the outside represents the circle of The Zodiac, which allows us to position exactly in the sky where each planet was when you were born. The Zodiac is an imaginary band that is projected out into space from Earth. It is a wonderful tool, because it allows us to know where all the bodies in our solar system are, relative to us.
Astrologers use the chart to create a snapshot of the moment you draw your first breath, mapping the position of the planets back down to earth to make it exactly relative to the time and place of your birth. This then becomes your unique map, or blueprint, and can guide you throughout your life. READ MORE >>