Your Ayurvedic Type: Pitta Dosha
The Characteristics of Pitta Dosha
Your Ayurvedic type is based on a complex blend of qualities. If you are Pitta dominant, you may notice the following characteristics in yourself
To understand your Ayurvedic type or constitution you need to know about the doshas.
What is Your Ayurvedic Type?
The Ayurvedic Doshas are Vata, Pitta and Kapha
All of us are a blend of doshas, with one dosha dominant, and a secondary dosha supporting that.
Very few people are dominated by just one dosha, and even fewer are a balance of all three.
A combination of doshas is used to describe your prakruti. Your Ayurvedic prakruti would be Pitta dominant if you notice most of these qualities in yourself
As an example you may be Pitta dominant with Vata the next strongest influence, and so your prakruti would be Pitta/Vata
The best way to get a proper analysis is by seeing a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner.
However, you can also take an online quiz to get a good idea.
You can learn more about the doshas, prakruti and temperament here.
Or if you need to know more about Ayurveda you can go here
Characteristics of Pitta Dosha – Learn About Your Constitution or Prakruti
If you are Pitta dominant, you may recognize some of the following qualities in yourself
The Characteristics of Pitta Dominant People
- Driven, results oriented and quick to act.
- Sharp intellect, maintains focussed goals and has the need to achieve.
- Tend to be hot by nature, and can become inflamed.
- Metabolic rates are often high, but can be too vigourous.
- Often healthy and active but may be prone to over-work and related stress.
- Need to learn to relax or balance action with rest
- Enjoy competition and like to be right.
- Usually of medium build with compact muscles
- Need physical outlets for abundant energy, but can easily ‘burn out’ when under pressure.
- Imbalances reflect an increase of heat in the body – eruptive skin conditions, inflammation, all ‘itis’ conditions, hyperacidity. May be accident prone.
- Need cooling and naturally sweet foods to balance temperament.
- Respond well to therapies which calm the mind and remove excess heat from the body.
- Do best with a vegetarian diet, should try not to eat too much meat
Find the Latest Updates on Astrology, Travel, Health & Wellbeing
Fall (or Autumn) is a season of change, perfect for either a gentle detox or just some self-care.
Detoxing can prepare your system for better health throughout winter. Good self-care habits set the foundation for a peaceful state of mind.
According the Ayurveda, the ancient science of mind/body wellness originating in India, seasonal cleansing is an integral part of a healthy lifestyle. It can greatly improve energy levels, strength, and immunity.
Eating a good Greek salad is like heading off for an epic adventure.
Embarking on an odyssey that includes creamy feta, ripe tomato, olive oil, oregano and (IMO the most important thing) pickled caper leaf guarantees you end up feeling deeply satisfied. A culinary construction of classic renown, the dish should offer you the same kind of complex simplicity found in a tumultuous Greek myth.
What Is A Birth Chart?
The Mechanics of The Chart
Your birth chart (or natal chart) is a map of the heaven’s, relative to the time and place that you were born. This map shows areas of strength and opportunity, as well as weakness and challenge. Your birth chart is a powerful tool which can also show how things are likely to unfold through time, as well as what is happening for you at the moment.
How Does It work?
Let’s have a look at a chart to get a sense of what all the lines and symbols mean.
The wheel running around the outside represents the circle of The Zodiac, which allows us to position exactly in the sky where each planet was when you were born. The Zodiac is an imaginary band that is projected out into space from Earth. It is a wonderful tool, because it allows us to know where all the bodies in our solar system are, relative to us.
Astrologers use the chart to create a snapshot of the moment you draw your first breath, mapping the position of the planets back down to earth to make it exactly relative to the time and place of your birth. This then becomes your unique map, or blueprint, and can guide you throughout your life. READ MORE >>