Essential Astrology Books
Finding the right information is essential when you are trying to learn astrology
Whether you are serious student of astrology, or whether you just want to know more about yourself, getting the right information to help you on your journey makes all the difference
In the past I’ve had many emails from would-be astrologers wanting to know which books are the best to get started with
I’ve also learned a lot myself from these fantastic sources, and highly recommend them if you are on a journey of self-discovery
So I’ve decided to share with you some of the best books in my library – books that helped me grow as an astrologer and an individual.
Your Best Astrology Books
In no particular order, here are some astrology books I could not live without –
(note we do make a small % for any purchase you might make through Amazon. Use the links to support this site)
1. Astrology for the Soul (Bantam Classics) – One of the best books available exploring the Moon’s Nodes. I have had this book on my coffee table for years, and its probably the one book that EVERYONE relates to. An essential guide to understanding the complexity of the soul’s journey.
2. Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living is an absolute classic. One of the most insightful guides to explain how the planets can affect you at a daily, monthly or yearly level. Planets in Transit is always my side!
3. Astrology for Lovers – Don’t be put off by the title- this is astrology for EVERYONE. Few modern authors write about astrology and the psyche like Liz Greene does. Great for understanding Sun Signs
4. The Astrology of Fate – When you’re in the mood to deep dive! An outstanding work exploring fate, prediction and the powerful archetypal forces which shape the human mind. Another classic text from Liz Greene – a pioneering psychologcial astrologer
5. Astrology, Karma & Transformation: The Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart – Both practical and philosophical, this book offers a wealth of information for the apprentice astrologer. One of the best interpretations of Saturn transits you will find anywhere
6. You Were Born for This: Astrology and Radical Self-Acceptance – this great book by a contemporary astrologer shares the same vision as we do here at Stars Like You. No one is better qualified than you to live your life, and your most powerful tool for success and happiness is self-acceptance. Just be you and the rest will follow, with a little help from your astrologer friends.
There are many, many more I could suggest and this list is by no means exclusive.
For the sake of getting you started however I’ve picked these great books you will enjoy that will definitely enrich your understanding of astrology
Have fun exploring your world – Damian 🙂
The truth about compatible Zodiac signs is that you can’t tell anything based on someone’s sign alone. Whilst your Sun Sign does NOT dictate who you are most compatible with, your birth chart can give you a lot of food for thought in terms of which partners you are most suited to and why. Learn more about synastry and chart comparison
I’m a professional astrologer, coach, and Ayurvedic consultant, originally from Australia but now travelling the world. At Stars Like You, the focus is on happiness. We publish great astrology articles, as well as well-researched pieces on nutrition, wellness and Ayurveda drawn from years of clinical experience.