Whether you are serious student of astrology, or whether you just want to know more about yourself, getting the right information to help you on your journey makes all the difference
In the past I’ve had many emails from would-be astrologers wanting to know which books are the best to get started with
I’ve also learned a lot myself from these fantastic sources, and highly recommend them if you are on a journey of self-discovery
So I’ve decided to share with you some of the best books in my library – books that helped me grow as an astrologer and an individual.
In no particular order, here are some astrology books I could not live without –
1. Astrology for the Soul (Bantam Classics) – One of the best books available exploring the Moon’s Nodes. I have had this book on my coffee table for years, and its probably the one book that EVERYONE relates to. An essential guide to understanding the complexity of the soul’s journey.
2. Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living is an absolute classic. One of the most insightful guides to explian how the planets can affect you at a daily, monthly or yearly level. Planets in Transit is always my side!
3. Astrology for Lovers – Don’t be put off by the title- this is astrology for EVERYONE. Few modern authors write about astrology and the psyche like Liz Greene does. Great for understanding Sun Signs
4. The Astrology of Fate – When you’re in the mood to deep dive! An outstanding work exploring fate, prediction and the powerful archetypal forces which shape the human mind. Another classic text from Liz Greene – a pioneering psychologcal astrologer
5. Astrology, Karma & Transformation: The Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart – Both practical and philosophical, this book offers a wealth of information for the apprentice astrologer. One of the best interpretations of Saturn transits you will find anywhere
There are many, many more I could suggest and this list is by no means exclusive. For the sake of getting you started however I’ve picked five great books you will enjoy that will definitely enrich your understanding of astrology
Have fun exploring your world – Damian 🙂
Between July 4-6th the Moons travels through the sign of Capricorn, and opposes the Sun which is now in Cancer. Thus a Full Moon will form which is also an eclipse, falling across the 14th degree of Cancer/Capricorn.
Happy Birthday Cancer. Your 2020 To-Do List:
For the Cancerians amongst us (and those who care to share it with them) here’s your celestial To-Do-List, helping you get your birthday month off to the best possible start
This year, the Sun and Moon will meet twice in Cancer for an astrological double bill. Not unheard of – but still uncommon – this means we all get the chance to focus on home and family values, the ties that bind us and making sure our real needs are met.
I’m a professional astrologer, coach, and Ayurvedic consultant, originally from Australia but now travelling the world. At Stars Like You, the focus is on happiness. We publish great astrology articles, as well as well-researched pieces on nutrition, wellness and Ayurveda drawn from years of clinical experience.