Do you like the idea of floating in a crystal-clear pool of warm mineral water, surrounded by eucalypts and staring up at the stars? Could you picture yourself doing just that before heading down the road for a blissful...
Can the planets really tell us what will happen in our lives?
This is a question that many of us grapple with as we try to understand what astrology is, and how to use it
Whilst the position of the planets may bring certain patterns to the fore, they do not foretell the future
Ayurveda is a philosophy or way of life that has its roots in ancient India. The word Ayurveda comes from Sanskrit and can be translated in two parts – Ayu and Veda – meaning “The Science of Life”. It has been practiced for thousands of years as a way to maintain balance, and support the body’s natural healing process.
Whether you are serious student of astrology, or whether you just want to know more about yourself, getting the right information to help you on your journey makes all the difference
In the past I’ve had many emails from would-be astrologers wanting to know which books are the best to get started with
I’ve also learned a lot myself from these fantastic sources, and highly recommend them if you are on a journey of self-discovery
So I’ve decided to share with you some of the best books in my library – books that helped me grow as an astrologer and an individual.
In no particular order, here are some astrology books I could not live without –
1. Astrology for the Soul (Bantam Classics) – One of the best books available exploring the Moon’s Nodes. I have had this book on my coffee table for years, and its probably the one book that EVERYONE relates to. An essential guide to understanding the complexity of the soul’s journey.
2. Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living is an absolute classic. One of the most insightful guides to explian how the planets can affect you at a daily, monthly or yearly level. Planets in Transit is always my side!
3. Astrology for Lovers – Don’t be put off by the title- this is astrology for EVERYONE. Few modern authors write about astrology and the psyche like Liz Greene does. Great for understanding Sun Signs
4. The Astrology of Fate – When you’re in the mood to deep dive! An outstanding work exploring fate, prediction and the powerful archetypal forces which shape the human mind. Another classic text from Liz Greene – a pioneering psychologcal astrologer
5. Astrology, Karma & Transformation: The Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart – Both practical and philosophical, this book offers a wealth of information for the apprentice astrologer. One of the best interpretations of Saturn transits you will find anywhere
There are many, many more I could suggest and this list is by no means exclusive. For the sake of getting you started however I’ve picked five great books you will enjoy that will definitely enrich your understanding of astrology
Have fun exploring your world – Damian 🙂
I’m a professional astrologer, coach, and wellness consultant, originally from Australia but now travelling the world. Here, the focus is on happiness. I publish great astrology articles, as well as well-researched pieces on nutrition, wellness and Ayurveda drawn from years of clinical experience.